Co-ordinator East (Wrexham and Flintshire)
Co-ordinator Central and West (Conwy and Denbighshire)
01745 448 740 ext 7026
WARD ROBIN VOLUNTEER
Take on a new challenge...
As a Robin Ward Volunteer you will have the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, learn new skills and put existing ones to good use. Become part of a team that makes a real difference to people's lives every day.
We welcome anyone over 17 years with a few hours to spare each week. If you have a friendly nature, a willingness to help others, good communication skills and non-judgemental outlook we would be delighted to hear from you. We provide ongoing training and support and you will be invited to our frequent volunteer get-togethers and social events.
Tasks to choose from include:
- spending time in general conversation
- preparing hot/cold drinks
- checking water jugs
- providing a readng/ writing service if appropriate
- going on errands to hospital shops
- assisting with our patient DVD loan scheme
- assisting patients and their families
- reassuring and assisting patients in Accident & Emergency
- meeting and greeting patients in clinics
- spending time with day-visitors doing activities and chatting
- providing a reassuring presence, hand-holding in our eye theatre whilst patients undergo procedures under local anaesthetic